- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, dry milk, butter or margarine, yeast, and warm water. Gather into a ball. Turn out an a lightly floured surface, and knead until the dough is smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot for 2 hours.
- Punch down the dough. Roll out to fit a 14 inch pizza pan. Allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C) until crust is a very light brown color. Remove from oven.
- Place desired toppings on the pizza. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toppings are done.
The Best Pizza Crust, recipe