- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season pork roast with garlic salt to taste and place in a 10x15 inch roasting pan. Add water as needed to cover roast halfway.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 2 hours.
- When roast is cool enough to handle, cube the meat and reserve the water from the roasting pan. In a large skillet over medium low heat, combine the meat with 2 cups reserved broth and allow to simmer.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, combine the cornmeal, milk, corn, tomatoes and eggs. Stir well and add the chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Let cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Add broth as needed if mixture gets too thick. Combine this mixture with the pork in a 9x13 inch baking dish, mixing together well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes.
Pork Tamale Pie, recipe