- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- When the rice has nearly finished cooking, heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and cook and stir garlic just until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium, stir in pumpkin, and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in salt and cloves. Remove from heat; stir in the cooked rice until well blended. Serve warm.
pumpkin-carrot rice, recipe