- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, chopped and seeded
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 (1 pound) chorizo sausage
- Mix chicken, onion, tomato sauce, chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, jalapeno peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks; return to the slow cooker.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir chorizo into chicken mixture.
- Cook on Low for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga, recipe