- 4 1/2 cups water
- 14 ounces smoked sausage (such as Healthy Choice®), quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon (such as Knorr®)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup long-grain rice
- Combine water, sausage, kidney beans, onion, celery, chicken bouillon, Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, and thyme in a slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Add rice and cook until rice is tender, about 1 hour more.
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Soup, recipe