- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds cube steak
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Mix flour, salt, mustard, and pepper together in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Dredge cube steaks in the flour mixture to coat completely.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry steaks until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a slow cooker, reserving drippings in the skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic in the reserved drippings in the skillet until softened, 2 to 3 minutes more; add to the slow cooker. Discard the oil.
- Stir beef broth and tomato paste together in a bowl until the paste dissolves into the broth; add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, thyme, and oregano. Pour the broth mixture over the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until the meat is tender to the point of falling apart, 6 to 8 hours.
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak and Onion, recipe