- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers (such as Ritz®)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brush butter lightly over squash halves. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, green bell pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Scrape squash flesh into the skillet; mix into the beef mixture. Spoon into a large casserole dish. Fold in mozzarella cheese; top with crushed crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Spaghetti Squash Beef Casserole, recipe