- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) package cubed firm tofu
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat, and cook the garlic 1 minute. Place the pork in the wok, and cook 5 minutes, until evenly brown.
- Mix the mushrooms, tofu, and green onion into the wok. Stir in the chile pepper sauce, ketchup, and tamari. Continue cooking until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
Tofu with Ground Pork Stir-Fry, recipe