- cooking spray
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can canned chili starter (such as BUSH'S Chili Magic®)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground lean turkey
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and cook 1 chopped sweet onion over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chili starter, oregano, and chicken broth; increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Coat a large stock pot with cooking spay and cook remaining 1/2 chopped sweet onion, green bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper over medium heat until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add ground cumin, cocoa powder, chili powder, garlic salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper; cook 2 minutes. Mix in ground turkey and pork; cook and stir until meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 more minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir diced tomatoes with green chiles, fire-roasted tomatoes, and diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions into chili; simmer for about 3 hours.
Turkey and Pork Chili, recipe