- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 zucchini, peeled and grated
- 1 yellow squash, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Mix eggs, zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, green onion, baking mix, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, red pepper flakes, and black pepper into onion mixture. Spread vegetable mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 35 minutes.
Vegetable Quiche, recipe