- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over zucchini and let sit for 10 minutes to drain water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (235 degrees C). Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake pastry shell in preheated oven for 5 minutes; remove foil and bake until shell is lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and zucchini until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cinnamon; spoon vegetable mixture into crust.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
vegetarian quiche, recipe