- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup wheat berries, hard winter or soft wheat berries
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Remove strings from sugar snap peas. Cut each snap pea or snow pea pod diagonally into thirds.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add wheat berries, reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Stir in sugar snaps and frozen peas and cook 1 minute. Drain wheat berry mixture in a large colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer wheat berry mixture to a large bowl and let cool, about 30 minutes. Stir in green onions and radishes.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Add dill and toss to combine.
Wheat Berry Salad with Peas, Radishes, and Dill, recipe