- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, diced
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots, cover partially, and simmer 5 minutes. Add parsnips, and cover partially. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Return vegetables to saucepan, and stir over medium heat until any excess moisture evaporates. Transfer to food processor. Add butter, and process until smooth. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Warm over low heat, stirring often. Transfer to bowl. Serve.
Whipped Carrots and Parsnips, recipe