- 4 bratwurst
- 3 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Poke bratwurst several times with a small fork, and place into a saucepan with the beer. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the bratwurst from the beer, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a wire rack on top.
- Toss the brown sugar and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl and set aside. Cut each bratwurst into three pieces, wrap each piece with half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Toss the bratwurst with the cayenne mixture to coat, then place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the bacon is brown and crisp, 25 to 35 minutes.
bacon wrapped bratwurst, recipe