- 1/2 cup chestnut flour
- 3 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix chestnut flour, white rice flour, potato starch, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, egg yolk, vegetable oil, and honey in another bowl. Sift in flour mixture, whisking constantly to prevent lumps in the batter.
- Beat egg white in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until peaks form. Fold gently into batter until just combined.
- Pour batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown per manufacturer's instructions, 3 to 5 minutes.
chestnut flour waffles (gluten free), recipe