- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds pork short spareribs
- Combine soy sauce, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, five-spice powder, garlic, and ginger in a large storage bag. Shake to mix well. Add ribs to marinade; refrigerate 4 to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove ribs from marinade and place in a roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook ribs for one hour, turning occasionally. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Remove foil from pan and bake an additional 20 minutes, turning once, until ribs are nicely browned.
Chinese Five Spice Spare Ribs, recipe