- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices bread, broken up into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mustard powder.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread, onion, egg, bouillon, remaining lemon juice and 1/3 of the ketchup mixture from the small bowl. Mix this well and place in a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, drain any excess fat, coat with remaining ketchup mixture and bake for 10 more minutes.
Glazed Meatloaf, recipe