- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- sea salt to taste
- cooking spray
- Mix tapioca flour, brown rice flour, white rice flour, sugar, xanthan gum, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a stand mixer set with the whisk attachment; cut in butter using the whisk setting, starting on low and working up to medium, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides and bottoms, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while mixer is on low. Gradually increase speed and mix until batter is well mixed. Cover bowl and let dough sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 2 pieces parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Roll dough on 1 of the sprayed sheets parchment paper. Top with the other parchment sheet, spray-side down, and roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet and pat any edges back toward the middle if they are thinner than the rest to prevent burnt edges on the crackers.
- Cut dough into cracker shapes using a pizza cutter and prick each square with a fork. Place parchment paper with crackers on a baking sheet and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 minutes. Sprinkle sea salt over crackers; continue baking until crackers are browned and crisp, 18 to 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet or transfer crackers to a wire rack.
Gluten-Free Butter Crackers, recipe