- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, or more to taste, chopped small
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 4 potatoes, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef, onions, and parsley together in a large bowl. Mix allspice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl; add to beef mixture and mix. Spread the meat mixture into a casserole dish in an even layer, but not all the way to the edges.
- Arrange potato slices atop the beef mixture; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange tomato slices in a layer atop the potatoes; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup water around and over the layers of beef, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir tahini and lemon juice together in a bowl until smooth. Slowly stream remaining 1 cup water into the tahini mixture until fully incorporated and smooth; pour over and around the layers of beef, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Continue baking until the beef is no longer pink in the center and the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes more.
Ground Beef and Tahini, recipe