- water to cover
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- sea salt to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cut off the stem of the red cabbage. Peel leaves off gently, being careful not to tear. Place individual leaves gently into a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes; reduce heat and simmer until tender but still crunchy and red, 8 to 10 minutes more. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in turkey meat and season with salt. Cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and cooked rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Place 1 cabbage leaf on top of each tortilla. Fill with the turkey-rice mixture. Fold the bottom end up and roll into a tight burrito.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add burritos in batches; cook, flipping as necessary, until outsides are crunchy, about 5 minutes.
Ground Turkey Burritos That Will Fool Your Kids, recipe