- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, or to taste
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 plantains, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Cook and stir almonds in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden and toasted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir sugar, rum, and butter together in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and microwave until hot, stirring once, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place plantain slices in rum sauce, sprinkle with cinnamon, cover the bowl, and microwave until plantains are hot and tender, 1 to 2 minutes more. Top with toasted almonds.
Plantains in Butter Rum Sauce, recipe