- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3 baby carrots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine curry powder, ginger, garlic powder, cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cloves in a small bowl to make rice seasoning.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Grease with butter. Add celery, onion, and carrots; cook and stir until browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and 4 pinches of the rice seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add rice and stir until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth into the rice mixture. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to medium heat; cook until rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Pour eggs into the rice-broth mixture; cook and stir over medium-high heat until set, about 4 minutes. Fluff rice pilaf with a fork. Mix in cilantro and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
Rice Pilaf with Scrambled Eggs, recipe