- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot, onion, red pepper, jalapeno and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
spicy southwestern slaw, recipe