- 4 cups finely shredded zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Once zucchini or summer squash has been shredded (I recommend a food processor) lightly salt the squash and transfer it to a strainer. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes and press all remaining liquid out of squash.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine squash, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a greased and floured jelly roll pan. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the crust from the oven and change the oven's temperature to broil. Brush the top of the crust with oil, and then broil the crust for 3 to 5 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow the crust to cool slightly and slide spatula underneath all edges and under the middle. Place a large baking sheet over the top of the crust and gently flip the crust over so that the bottom of the crust is now facing upwards. Because it can be difficult to flip the crust smoothly, it may be necessary to cut the crust in half to facilitate the flipping of the crust. If you want to omit the flipping stage, that is okay, but the crust won't be as crunchy.
- Brush the top of the crust with oil and broil for another 3 to 5 minutes until the top is browned. Cover with toppings as desired.
Summer Squash Pizza Crust, recipe