- 8 ounces unsalted raw almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Blend almonds in a blender or food processor to the consistency of bread crumbs. Transfer ground almonds to a shallow dish and add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and pound, using a meat mallet, until about 1-inch thick.
- Press chicken into almond mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken until a nice crust forms, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Heat pasta sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour over cooked chicken and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Turn on oven's broiler. Broil chicken Parmesan until cheese is bubbling and golden, about 3 minutes.
Grain-Free Chicken Parm, recipe