- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place spaghetti squash, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 25 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the strands of squash with a spoon and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir turkey sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir pizza sauce, spinach, red bell pepper, applesauce, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper into turkey mixture. Spread mixture over squash in baking dish.
- Pour eggs over turkey mixture and toss egg, turkey mixture, and squash together until egg is just combined.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mixture is bubbling and eggs are set, about 1 hour.
Paleo Spaghetti Pie (Grain, Gluten, and Dairy Free), recipe