- 3 1/4 pounds pork ribs
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread pork ribs on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk hoisin sauce, sugar, soy sauce, white wine, tomato paste, garlic, chili-garlic sauce, and five-spice powder together in a bowl.
- Grease a slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Transfer pork ribs to the pot. Cover evenly with hoisin sauce mixture.
- Cook on Low, stirring halfway through, until pork ribs are tender, about 8 hours.
Slow-Cooker Hoisin Ribs, recipe