- 1 quart olive oil for frying, or as needed
- 5 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a large saucepan to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat coconut milk, all-purpose flour, egg, almond flour, coconut flour, honey, and guar gum together in a bowl using a hand blender until batter resembles thick pancake batter.
- Drop batter by rounded spoonfuls, working in batches, into the hot oil; fry until donuts are dark brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove donuts with a slotted spoon. Pour confectioners' sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll donuts in confectioners' sugar until coated.
Gluten-Free Donuts, recipe